[asterisk-users] Question regarding SMS(), SMSQ, SMSC

AMARDEEP SINGH yahhodeol at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 16:47:15 CDT 2010

Hello All,

Scenario:
-We use asterisk as voicemail server for our cellular network. Asterisk box
is talking to Cell switch(GSM/VOIP/PSTN gateway) through sip.
-Extensions in * are virtual, just for leaving and accessing voicemail.

Requirement:
Asterisk to send SMS to cell switch(running SMSC) on reception of new
voicemail.

Pointers required from Maillist users:
-How can I make * talk to SMSC(ip address:port).
-Anyone using similar topology?
-there are not enough examples/man/maillist of using app_sms(), smsq.

Thanks:
-A