[asterisk-users] Does SIP limit to 3-way conference?

Cassius Smith cassius at cassius.org
Thu Jul 22 16:10:59 CDT 2010

Hello all,
I'm in final testing stages and preparing training for a new Asterisk
rollout. I'm replacing a Cisco Call Manager system, and re-flashing
the 79x1 phones with SIP 8.5.2. With the SIP load and while in a call,
I use the "Confrn" softkey to invite other participants. I can add one
other participant endpoint into the conference, but no more.

I know I can (and will) use MeetMe to do large conferences. My
question is - am I forced to do so by SIP? Or am I missing something?

Thanks!
Cassius Smith