[asterisk-users] Soft phones.

unserossi at aol.com unserossi at aol.com
Thu Jul 22 15:33:44 CDT 2010

-----Original Message-----

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com

[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Gordon

Henderson

Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2010 3:47 PM

Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Soft phones.

On Thu, 22 Jul 2010, Ken D'Ambrosio wrote:

> Hey, all.  I'm looking -- if possible -- for a decent, multi-platform

> soft-phone.  Specifically, Linux and Windows; that way, I'll go through

> the same issues my end users do.  I've noticed a couple (e.g., minisip,

> which seems abandoned, and sip-communicator, which, honestly, is probably

> a great IM client, but has a confusing interface for actual phone calls).

> So I'm wondering if anyone has any favorites.  Failing multi-platform,

> I'll stick with Twinkle on Linux, and gladly take suggestions for Windows

> -- OSS if possible, but payware is acceptable.

Zoiper and/or XLite.

However XLite for Linux is a version behind - or was last time I looked,

so the interface had changed slightly.

I've not used Zoiper under Windoze for a while, but it might be OK. It

supports both SIP and IAX now. Not OSS, but free for the basic version.

Gordon

--

 3CX is a good free SIP-client for Windows.
Small and easy to use.

If you don't mind to pay for a client Bria is a good choice.