[asterisk-users] chan_local - Asterisk 1.6.2.6

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Jul 22 01:51:53 CDT 2010

Hi!

> I got some reports of (Debian Testing/Unstable) systems where the
> timerfd timing didn't work properly and the workaround was reverting to
> the pthreads one. I have not yet managed to reproduce them here.
>
> I wonder if this is the issue.

How about this:
http://svnview.digium.com/svn/asterisk?view=revision&revision=198146

"Resolve issues with choppy sound when using res_timing_pthread.

The situation that caused this problem was when continuous mode was being
turned on and off while a rate was set for a timing interface.  A very
easy way to replicate this bug was to do a Playback() from behind a Local
channel. In this scenario, a rate gets set on the channel for doing file
playback. At the same time, continuous mode gets turned on and off about
every 20 ms as frames get queued on to the PBX side channel from the
other side of the Local channel.
[...]
(closes issue #14412)"

http://svnview.digium.com/svn/asterisk/trunk/res/res_timing_pthread.c?view