[asterisk-users] Meetme Question

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Wed Jul 21 08:05:50 CDT 2010

Hi ,

I am trying to add an operator assistance feature to meetme , when the user
dials '0' ,support / help desk personnel should be added to the live
conference for live support / troubleshooting.

How can i do this ? Can I edit the meetme * menu and add a new menu item '
Press '0' for support' .I think I will have to edit the meetme.c source to
do this , hard way  :(

or is it possible to write an AGI script which detects when a user dials '0'
and calls the helpdesk number (preconfigured number)

or generally is it possible to collect the DTMF response from a user during
a meetme conf call and trigger some action / script , I searched a lot in
forums / mailing list , most of the threads are pretty old and confusing.

Any help / hints will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Shiju V.Joseph

Just add "X" to the meetme string and define 0 action;  something like this

Exten => 1234,1,Goto(meetme-oper|s|1)

[meetme-oper]

Exten => s,1,meetme(1234,X)

Exten => s,n,hangup

Exten => 0,1,dial(SIP/100,30,m)

When you dial 1234, you are put into conference 1234

If you press 0 while in the conference, you are transferred to extension
100.