[asterisk-users] OT - Gigaset and auto-configuration code

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Wed Jul 21 02:36:34 CDT 2010

On Wed, 21 Jul 2010, Olivier wrote:

> Thanks for all the replies.
>
> So it seems auto-configuration code is a feature for ITSP, not for system
> integrators looking for an easier way to configure each DECT base.
> Too bad, as I'm sure this auto-configuration feature relies on standard
> protocols we could play with (DHCP, TFTP, HTTP, ...).

AIUI, it's a way to pre-load up variou server details into the base. I'm
not actually sure it goes as far as username and password...

Can't say I've had much issues with Gigasets - well the newer ones - the
first batch were stupidly slow (and the newer ones still have some
horrendously innefficient javascripts in them) but then, I've never placed
more than 2-3 on a site, so manually progrmaming them has never been an
issue. (Using Google Chrome with it's fast javascript engine)

There is a company in the UK who were offering a programming service on
them - aimed at systems integrators, etc. details at
http://www.provu.co.uk/SP_fulfilment.html

At least I think there were doing the gigasets too, but obviously this is
just for the UK...

Gordon