[asterisk-users] OT - Gigaset and auto-configuration code

AC a57mai1 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 07:22:55 CDT 2010

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 2:14 PM, Olivier <oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Gigaset C470IP and others offer auto-configuration through an
> auto-configuration code.
> (see manual here
> http://gigaset.com/hq/en/cms/PageCustomerServicesDownloadsManuals.html)
>
> Has someone managed to get more information about it ?
> Is this feature available for enterprises or is it dedicated to licensed
> providers ?

I received the following response regarding auto-provisioning of the
DE380IPR phone:
#########
Regarding your query on an auto provision code for the Gigaset DE380IPR we
kindly ask you to inform us if you are a VoIP service provider and would
like to set up an auto provision code for the customers to set up their
accounts. If this is the case, we will forward the case to the competent
department within the Gigaset company to create the auto provision code for
you.
If you are trying to use a VoIP provider who offers auto provision codes for
registration, be informed that the auto provision code needs to be inserted
in the web interface of the device, when attempting to register the account.
#########

I exchanged the Gigasets for Snom and Polycoms. They are easier to work
with.

AC.