[asterisk-users] digium HW echocancellation - fax tone detection

Johann Steinwendtner steinwendtner at gmx.net
Mon Jul 19 11:22:11 CDT 2010

Hello !

I 'm using a TE405P with a HW echocanceller module attached on it.
dahdi version is dahdi-linux-complete-2.2.0.2+2.2.0.

As far as I know, the fax tone detection is done on the FW board.
How can I verify that the echo canceller has been turned off ?

When I do a cat /proc/dahdi/1 for span 1 I see still the VPM450 entry
near the channel although this was a fax call with CED tone.

	   1 TE4/0/1/1 Clear (In use) (EC: VPM450M)

Greping through the source, i see only a CED tone detection
entry in:

static const struct dahdi_echocan_features vpm450m_ec_features = {
         .NLP_automatic = 1,
         .CED_tx_detect = 1,
         .CED_rx_detect = 1,
};

Does it mean that CNG tone is not going to be detected ?
Does the CED tone detection routine also detect ANSam tone for Super G3 fax ?

Thanks

Regards

Hans