[asterisk-users] T.30 fax receiving problem with app_fax

Stefan Schmidt sst at sil.at
Sun Jul 18 23:27:57 CDT 2010

Alexander Aksarin schrieb:
> Hello, All. I have a problem with receiving fax through T.30. I'm
> calling 543 number from fax machine, then start sending fax and fax
> machine send document without problem. But asterisk don't receive fax.
> I can't find good documentation for app_fax and I'am googled this
> errors.
> Please help me.
>
> software: asterisk-1.6.2
> OS: ALT Linux 5.0.1 Ark Server
> hardware: Digium Wildcard TE110P T1/E1
>
> fax <-> avaya <T1> asterisk
>
> Part with fax from extensions.conf:
> exten => fax,1,Goto(543,1)
> exten => 543,1,Answer()
> exten => 543,n,Set(FAXFILE=/var/spool/asterisk/fax/${CALLERID(num)}.tif)
> exten =>
> 543,n,Set(FAXFILENOEXT=/var/spool/asterisk/fax/${CALLERID(num)})
> exten => 543,n,ReceiveFAX(${FAXFILE})
>
> debug log: http://pastebin.ca/1903349

Hello,

plz have a look at issue 17641
(https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=17641) and try the patch from
there, or atleast dont use answer before ReceiveFax cause its buggy
without this patch.
what i also see in your log is that dahdi doesnt recognize the CED Tone
from your fax so the echo canceler isnt turned off, which could also be
a problem. (Row 21 to 26 in your log)

best regards

steve