[asterisk-users] RFCFS - reload specified file

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Sat Jul 17 17:23:19 CDT 2010

On Sat, 17 Jul 2010, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

> Would the ability to temporarily change logging settings from the CLI do
> the trick?

For the specific example of temporarily changing the logging level, yes.

I think a generic implementation would also be valuable when debugging
dialplans or endpoint configurations.

Many years ago I wrote an Asterisk application that implemented an "edit"
command so you could enter "edit extensions.conf" and when you exited the
edit, the file would be automagically reloaded. Unfortunately I had to
drop it when the client's interest waned.

--
Thanks in advance,