[asterisk-users] Video IVR Asterisk ?

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at sunfone.com
Fri Jul 16 14:09:54 CDT 2010

On Sat, 2010-07-17 at 00:08 +0530, Anita Hall wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is it possible to receive video calls using Asterisk and then process
> them as an IVR ? One of our clients wants to set-up a video IVR system
> in the US and we are evaluation possible options.
>
> Also, what is the bandwidth of receiving a video call in US ? What
> protocols and codecs are supported and does it work on DID numbers ?
> Can I rent a hosted solution for this ?
>
> Thanks in anticipation of your valuable inputs.
>
> regards,
>
> Anita Hall,
> Simmortel.

We use Grandstream video phones and have noticed that if we record our
prompts with these phones, the video is saved with the audio.  So we set
our main IVR up this way, and without doing anything special (other than
enabling video in sip.cfg), we have video IVR for those customers that
call with video capable endpoints.