[asterisk-users] Video IVR Asterisk ?

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Fri Jul 16 13:48:06 CDT 2010

  _____

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Anita Hall
Sent: Friday, July 16, 2010 1:39 PM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: [asterisk-users] Video IVR Asterisk ?

Hi

Is it possible to receive video calls using Asterisk and then process them
as an IVR ? One of our clients wants to set-up a video IVR system in the US
and we are evaluation possible options.

Also, what is the bandwidth of receiving a video call in US ? What protocols
and codecs are supported and does it work on DID numbers ? Can I rent a
hosted solution for this ?

Thanks in anticipation of your valuable inputs.

regards,

Anita Hall,
Simmortel.

--

1. given time and funding, anything is possible.

2. I have no idea - google "video codec bandwidth" for some ideas here.

3. This depends on the flavor you choose.

4. Only if you stand on one foot and answer every question correctly; some
vendors won't even admit they can do a simple hosted Asterisk/IVR.