[asterisk-users] (no subject)

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Fri Jul 16 12:05:57 CDT 2010

  _____

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of James A.
Shigley
Sent: Friday, July 16, 2010 11:57 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: [asterisk-users] (no subject)

Ok I have a queue that is working perfectly.

The problem is when one of the agents is outside the building on an external
phone line (say a cell phone). My telco hangs up on the call . I think the
telco is hanging up on these calls because there is no CID attached. (I know
my telco wont connect calls without ANI, so that is what it is my
assumption)

So first I need to prove my assumption is right. How can I check if those
calls are being sent with caller ID. Because all I see on console output for
the phone call is this

    -- Channel 0/8, span 3 got hangup, cause 50 (sometimes cause 1 or 27
instead)

    -- Nobody picked up in 1000 ms

    -- Hungup 'DAHDI/56-1'

It doesn't show where it actually tried to dial or not. I know it works
because if I sent it to the in house number it calls that number and if
someone answers it they get the person who is on hold in the queue. It only
fails on outside the building calls.

So where do I check to see if it is or isn't attaching caller ID.

Let's assume I'm right and the CID is the issue; What config and/or context
do I need to change so that the  when a queue tries to place a call to an
agent there is caller ID?

James Shigley

--

1. obviously it did dial, otherwise you wouldn't get "nobody picked up"

2. in your dialplan, put this line before queue

Exten => 1,1,Set(CALLERID(num)=2055551212) - change 1,1 to context
appropriate values and 2055551212 to a proper DID for your location.

Do these this a post a CLI output with verbose set to 5 or higher.