[asterisk-users] Good script to make appointment?

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Fri Jul 16 09:36:04 CDT 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Gilles
Sent: Friday, July 16, 2010 9:28 AM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Good script to make appointment?

On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 12:39:51 -0500, "Danny Nicholas"
<danny at debsinc.com> wrote:
>This how I would do it

BTW, is it possible to trigger an AGI script right from the first step
and handle the whole IVR logic in an higher-level script language than
what's available in extensions.conf?

To give you the best answer I can - a qualified yes;  I always do
Exten => s,1,answer
Then
Exten => s,2,AGI...
So that any functions that need the line active are "housekeeped" before the
AGI starts.  YMMV but that's my practice.
Also, in my experience, you will live a happier life depending on the
dialplan to handle DTMF processing than an AGI.