[asterisk-users] Good script to make appointment?

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Thu Jul 15 12:39:51 CDT 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Gilles
Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2010 11:40 AM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: [asterisk-users] Good script to make appointment?

Hello

I'd like to write a script that would make it easier for people to
call in, listen to the IVR, and make an appointment (eg. "When? ASAP?
A given day?" -> "Morning? Afternon", etc.)

I assume I'm not the first one to try and write this type of IVR, so
would appreciate any feedback on writing this.

Thank you.

This how I would do it
Exten => 1234,1,answer
Exten => 1234,n,playback(instructions)
Exten => 1234,n,noop(choice-1 pick a day)
Exten => 1234,n,Goto(choice-1|s|1)
[choice-1]
Exten => s,1,waitexten(5,m)
Exten => 1,1,noop(pressed 1, do that action)
Exten => 2,1,noop(pressed 2, do that action)
Exten => 3,1,noop(pressed 3, do that action)
Exten => 4,1,noop(pressed 4, do that action)
Exten => 4,n,Set(apptday=2)
Exten => 4,n,Goto(time-choice|s|1)
Exten => i,1,Goto(choice-1|s|1)
Exten => *,1,Goto(choice-1|s|1)
Exten => t,1,hangup
[time-choice]
Exten => s,1,read(apptime,settime,4,5)
.. do an AGI or whatever to record the date and time.