[asterisk-users] Invalid host name

leonimar cape leo_mac_ph at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 15 03:36:37 CDT 2010

Hi Group,

Is there anyway to force asterisk to use the ip address instead of the hostname
in the sip via header.

Our client's gateway is using a not FQDN as the hostname of their gateway. And I
am suspecting that the asterisk is dropping the call because it could not
resolve the hostname.

I am also thinking to assigned it in the hosts file of my asterisk server so
that in can resolve it internally but the problem is that, the clients has 3
gateways with the same hostname.

I am really desperate to resolve this issue. Any suggestion will be much
appreciated.

By the way I am using asterisk 1.4.27.1

Regards,

Mac