[asterisk-users] Get channel name of originated channel

Deepesh D deep.d2010 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 23:30:02 CDT 2010

Hello,

I am using asterisk manager interface (http) for originating calls.
How can I get the name of the channel which is created by originate? I
want to use this channel for other manager commands like Atxfer,
Monitor, Hangup etc.

If I do action=originate, channel=SIP/200  then it creates a channel
like 'SIP/200-0865ff80' which I can see in the asterisk console using
"core show channels verbose".  Now if I want to transfer this call I
have to use action=Atxfer, channel=SIP/200-0865ff80 for which I need
the channel name. Is there any way to get this channel name or set the
channel name during originate? On what basis does asterisk assign
channel names, is it random?