[asterisk-users] SKYPE - Authenticate incoming call automatically

Neeraj Chand Neeraj.Chand at ocis.com.au
Wed Jul 14 23:29:46 CDT 2010

Hi All,

After getting licences for Skype for asterisk a while ago I finally got
around to setting up a server with two channels and setting up a bcp on
the skype end.

The idea behind this is the following:

Users can dial into the PBX, get authenticated and only after
authentication get access to internal PBX extensions.

I CAN do this with a PIN, no sweat, but from a user perspective it
becomes a bit clunky, i.e. password to remember, security in terms of
pin leaks, multiple passwords for users, etc.

I was wondering if there was a way I could extract the "FROM - USER" and
assign it to a variable, then do a lookup of that username in a database
using ODBC to decide whether to allow or disallow access.

NOTE: The bit I need help with is extracting the "FROM - USER" the rest
of the stuff I've done already / before.

Thanks,

Neeraj.