[asterisk-users] BLF with Realtime

Zeeshan Zakaria zishanov at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 09:24:39 CDT 2010

On asterisk 1.4 using real-time, subscribecontext field never worked for me
and I have to add the hints in extensions.conf. But once there, they work
just fine.

Zeeshan A Zakaria

--
www.ilovetovoip.com

On 2010-07-14 9:12 AM, "Ishfaq Malik" <ish at pack-net.co.uk> wrote:

On 14/07/10 12:17, Danny Dias wrote:

> Hello Asterisk community,
>
> I'm trying to use BLF with As...
Hi

I was working on this myself a few weeks ago so here's a few tips, some you
may already know.

Changes required to the sip.conf
notifyringing should be set to "yes"
both rtcachefriends and rtupdate set to "yes"
limitonpeers must be set to "yes"

Changes to the sip table
new columns
call-limit int (I think this can be call_limit as well which means you would
not always have to put the col name in`` quotes)
subscribecontext varchar(80)

the subscribecontext has to have the same context name in it that the hint
commands are under (the local context for the sip peers...)

I could see no way of putting the hint commands into the extensions table
and BLF working, so they need to go into the extensions.conf but if your
realtime setup is similar to ours this is written by a shell script that is
running on a cron. You can change the shell script to recognise when the
required context is matched, let it write the 'switch => Realtime/@' line
and then get it to write the necessary 'exten => <exten>,hint,SIP/<exten>'
lines to the extensions.conf, i.e. something like this

appenddynamic()
{
  mysql -u dbusername -pdbpassword -h dbhostname dbname -se "select
distinct(context) from extensions" | grep -v '^context$' | while read
context; do
    echo "[$context]" >> $ASTCONF
    echo "switch => Realtime/@" >> $ASTCONF
    if [ $context = "target_context" ]