[asterisk-users] Fax for Asterisk, capable of receiving from website but not from fax machine !!

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Jul 13 15:43:30 CDT 2010

Hi!

> 'Fax for Asterisk' is a commercial application sold by Digium. This is
> not their official support channel. Since you paid for the product, why
> not contact them directly about your problem?

Maybe because having to deal with Digium support is an ... uncomfortable
experience that I've made twice. It really feels like a "support
avoidance" system, and you are an unwelcome guest that should please
leave as soon as possible.

I really hope that Digium takes steps to a) make their behaviour less
bureaucratic when establishing a support call (try to do that on behalf
of a clue-less customer of yours and you know what I mean). Also my
feeling is that b) the level of competence (or familiarity with the
product in question when it comes to software prodcuts) could use some
improvement.

If you take a look at the Digium web forum for Skype for Asterisk, for
example, you will see that any kind of "half-official" answer or helpful
reaction from Digium's side is by now non-existent - most probably due to
internal policies. This just doesn't feel right, and many other companies
haven proven that I can be done differently.

Philipp