[asterisk-users] Recording from g729 to wav means transcoding ?

Jonas Kellens jonas.kellens at telenet.be
Tue Jul 13 06:41:44 CDT 2010

I have no licenses and I want to avoid transcoding all together.

When the phone supports G729 and the SIP provider support G729, then the
audio can just pass through...

However, in some cases the audio is recorded. Any change that we can
record in G729 format then ??

And how about voicemail, is this then also translated ??

Jonas.