[asterisk-users] How to trace incoming AMI requests ?

Olivier oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr
Tue Jul 13 02:46:04 CDT 2010

Hello,

Is there a way to trace into a log file, incoming AMI requests ?

For instance, I've got several apps accross the LAN, sending AMI requests
such as :
Action: originate
Channel: Local/7539 at internal
Exten: 00123456789
Some of them might be sometimes producing some erroneous requests.

I would like to check from server side, that each received request is
formatted and compliant.
Ideally, I would to read in a log file, a (reliable) copy of AMI originate
requests.
Any suggestion ?

If this helps, I can use astmanproxy.

I also saw a debug=on option inside /etc/asterisk/manager.conf but I
couldn't find a change in produced output.
And
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20config%20manager.confis
not helpful on this specific option.

Regards