[asterisk-users] need information

Justin Case nogoodnameswereavailable at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 01:14:10 CDT 2010

It's not as easy as getting a switch and buying and selling minutes. You
have to learn what issues there are out there, day to day problems etc. You
will want to learn the protocols that you will be using (SIP/H.323 etc.). I
have two "carriers" that know less about SIP than I do. Before you jump in
to the deep end of the pool get used  to it in the shallow part. I would
start with Xconnect's VTM or osmething simular:
http://www.xconnect.net/assets/Uploads/VTM-Brochure.pdf
http://www.xconnect.net/voip-traffic-manager/

I have used them in the past and it will probably be good starting point.
They have semi decent support (although mostly on MSN and not on the phone).

/J