[asterisk-users] How to calculate number of speakers needed for PAGING and INTERCOM coverage area?

C F shmaltz at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 00:05:26 CDT 2010

In my experience using height for radius works, for example if you
have a 20 ft high ceiling then the coverage for one speaker would be
40 ft diameter circle (around 1200 sq ft). Of course overlapping 5 ft
has never killed anyone, but this really depends on the power of the
speaker, I usually deal with 70v speakers tapped at 16 or 8 watts
depending on how many speakers I put on one amplifier and the output
wattage of that amplifier.