[asterisk-users] How can get user inputs from called party after dial?

bruce bruce bruceb444 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 13:51:33 CDT 2010

You need to do some reading :-)

I will give you a quick teach here. At the end of file
/etc/asterisk/extensions_custom.conf (if you are running FreePBX) OR in
/etc/asterisk/extensions.conf (if you are running vanilla Asterisk) add
this:

[first-Dialplan]
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,n,Playback(Welcome)
exten => s,n,Read(numb,,10)
exten => s,n,NoOp(${numb})

And send your inbound route to context first-Dialplan so that it's triggered
when a call comes in. Then on terminal do a "asterisk -rvvvvvvvv" and you
will see the NoOp show the DTMF number entered. From there on you can do
anything you want with the variable ${numb}

If any part of above is unclear to you, you must consult your friend,
google, for examples of Asterisk dialplan.

-Bruce