[asterisk-users] <no subject>

Mike Ely mikeely at amyskitchen.net
Fri Jul 9 11:57:17 CDT 2010

Hello, list.

I've set up an outbound alerting system to play a recording when systems go
down, etc. and I'm noticing that cellphones tend to answer() and then start
ringing the actual handset.  So far, I've verified this behavior with
Verizon, T-Mobile, and Google Voice (the last produces a SERIOUS delta
between bogus answer and actual answer).

Has anyone figured out how to detect the actual cellphone answer rather than
the bogus one sent by the cell carrier?  In the short term, I just have the
call play MOH for ten seconds before announcing that all hell has broken
loose in the server room, but it¹d be nice to have something a bit more
accurate and reliable.

Cheers,
Mike