[asterisk-users] Asterisk Crashes - Segmentation Fault

Manmohan Singh Jandu manmohansj at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 04:02:35 CDT 2010

Hi,

My Web-MeetMe_v4.0.1, i followed the instructions in the README File in the
same package.

>Are you using RealTime enabled app_meetme or app_cbmysql from the WMM
package? ----> i didnt get this actually what do i need to check here?
Please dont mind but m not so good in opensource world. I try to read and
understand and on trial n error basis try  to implement things. Though had
very much interest in learning things.

The GDB output is huge on, Following are my GDB errors.

[root at LinuxTest tmp]# gdb asterisk core.LinuxTest-2010-07-07T21:13:15+0400 |
more
GNU gdb (GDB) Red Hat Enterprise Linux (7.0.1-23.el5_5.1)
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html

and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "i386-redhat-linux-gnu".
Reading symbols from /usr/sbin/asterisk...done.

warning: .dynamic section for "/usr/lib/libidn.so.11" is not at the expected
address

warning: difference appears to be caused by prelink, adjusting expectations
[New Thread 3212]

SOME OF THE LINES IN the end of GDB Error:

Reading symbols from /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/cdr_manager.so...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/cdr_manager.so
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/res_config_mysql.so...(no
debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/res_config_mysql.so
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/chan_phone.so...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/chan_phone.so
Core was generated by `/usr/sbin/asterisk -f -vvvg -c'.
#0  0x01027d9d in mysql_fetch_row () from
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.15

--Manmohan Singh.

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 11:21 PM, Dan Austin <Dan_Austin at phoenix.com> wrote:

> Manmohan wrote:
> > I was looking for audio conferencing solution where i got Web-meetme.
> > I had installed Asterisk 1.6.2.9 on Centos  5.4. Its perfecting working
> > fine. I tried using Meetme even meetme app is working perfectly fine.
> > I installed Webmeetme 4.0 and integrated with my asterisk. When i try
> > to dial the conference number it take me to an IVR wherein it asks for
> > the conference number. The time i provide the conference number, asterisk
> > crashes giving segmentation fault.
> > I have been trying to google up and checked lot of forums but didnt get
> > any solution for this yet.
>
> Which instructions did you follow for the integration?  Are you using
> RealTime enabled app_meetme or app_cbmysql from the WMM package?  Which
> exact version of WMM?
>
> Dan
>
> --

Thanks & Regards