[asterisk-users] This may be a problem.. Answer not working on 1.4.32 over SIP trunk..

Massimo Nuvoli massimo at archivio.it
Fri Jul 9 01:10:37 CDT 2010

Zeeshan Zakaria ha scritto:
> I have two test asterisk boxes, both version 1.4.26, on which I do
> Answer() followed by MusicOnHold() and it works just fine. I do this all
> the time as this is my standard way of testing new contexts.

Yesterday i tested another installation and i found the same issue.

Maybe the problem is "SIP" related or "console channel" related.

I explain (if someone can do a test i am happy).

Go to the asterisk console, place a "dial" command calling thru the
SIP trunk, then place a "transfer" to the extension MusicOnHold after
the Answer...

(this is the sequence)

dial 0number at from-sip (the from-sip is the context where a sip phone
can dial to the trunk)
pick up the phone called
transfer *199 at from-sip (the *199 extension is "Answer -> MusicOnHold")
you must hear the music on the phone called (or not)

So this may be a "console channel problem"...

Yesterday i try to use the outgoing spool (place a file on
/var/spool/asterisk/outgoing making a call to the phone and directly
go to the *199 extension, the same thing i do on console automated
with no console channel), audio ok.

So i am going to open a bug... :-)

Thnks.