[asterisk-users] How to integrate thirdparty RTP with Asterisk

garge rama garge.rama at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 08:36:03 CDT 2010

Hi,

I'm working on Asterisk and would like to use only Asterisk SIP signalling
for my Voip application.

I have written my own channel driver and want to integrate my own RTP with
Asterisk.

SIP signalling is working fine. But i could not find API's to get RTP Port
and IP address to start

without starting rtp session.

The only way I found to receive/send rtp information is by creating a rtp
session

from channel driver using ast_rtp_new_with_bindaddr( ); which means using
asterisk rtp stack.

This is not what i want.

If anyone has done RTP integration with Asterisk earlier please help me.

Thanks in advance.
Garge.