[asterisk-users] How to secure Configuration files

ABBAS SHAKEEL shakeel.abbas.qau at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 21:42:36 CDT 2010

Thanks community for sharing your thoughts.

@ Faisal Hanif-
Both of the solutions you suggested seems equally good for me let me look
into it how can i do that.

@Stiles
This has nothing to do with mean spirited. If an individual is using an open
source technology then it don't means that  he developed some thing using
that technology , then his work also becomes open source ?

@Steve

>Won't "show dialplan," "sip show [peers|users]," etc. and a bit of
>scripting undo most of this "security."

You are right after taking all the measures at the end there will be no
security :P

>Seriously, if your business depends on obfuscation instead of technical
>prowess and killer customer support, you don't have a business.

I understand what you mean. These all things will be there. Regarding
security it was just a thought in my mind i shared with you all people.

@Kevin P Fleming
Thanks for clearing the things.

@ all others thanks for sharing your thoughts

I am not going to modify any Asterisk source code for security (because this
trade-off is expensive)

Cheers

Best Regards
Shakeel Abbas