[asterisk-users] SPA8000 outbound CID problem

Mark G. Thomas Mark at Misty.com
Wed Jul 7 15:21:35 CDT 2010

Hi,

>    On 24 June 2010 19:54, Mark G. Thomas <[1]Mark at misty.com> wrote:
>
>      Hi,
>      I'm trying to configure a Linksys/Cisco SPA8000 talking SIP to
>      both a local Asterisk server and also with a trunk directly to
>      a VOIP provider. Everything works great, except I'm having a problem
>      setting the outbound caller ID to a value different from the
>      SIP username/authname.

Perhaps my wording above was unclear.

My Asterisk server sends RPID to the VOIP provider just fine.

I am having problems getting the SPA8000 to send RPID to the VOIP provider.

I realize this is a SPA8000 problem and not an Asterisk problem, but since
many people use Asterisk in conjunction with ATA devices like the SPA8000,
I was hoping someone here would have either a solution or suggestions.

As per below, I can see from my Asterisk server that the SPA8000
is sending a configurable SIP username/authname, and that's being treated
as the CID. Since the SPA8000 is at a different office from the Asterisk
server, I need to get the SPA8000 RPID directly to the VOIP provider working,
I don't want to have to route all the calls through Asterisk to fix the
outbound caller ID.

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 08:25:02AM +0100, dotnetdub wrote:
>    Ask your upstream provider if they support remote party ID. IF they do
>    you can set sendrpid=yes in your sip.conf and set your outbound CID on
>    an extension or trunk level.
>    HTH

I am not having a problem with Asterisk sending RPID. I know the upstream
provider is  honoring it, because it works fine with calls from the
Asterisk server to the VOIP provider. sendrpid=yes in sip.conf works fine,
and the VOIP provider honors it, sending the desired CID on dialed calls.

The SPA8000 has no sendrpid=yes or similar named setting. I can't figure
out how to get the SPA8000 to send a configured RPID for outbound SIP VOIP
calls.

Mark

--
Mark G. Thomas (Mark at Misty.com)