[asterisk-users] Conditional "includes" in iax.conf

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Wed Jul 7 13:25:13 CDT 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Scott Stingel
Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2010 1:18 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List
Subject: [asterisk-users] Conditional "includes" in iax.conf

Hello-

For maintenance purposes, if possible I'd like to use the same iax.conf
file in several different asterisk systems.   However, on one of the
systems only, I would like to include an IAX "register" command to
another external system.

Within iax.conf or other configuration files (other than
extensions.conf), is there a way of determining what system I'm running
on, and include a particular configuration item conditionally?   I guess
what I'm asking is there a way to conditionally "include" lines in a
configuration depending on the value of some linux environment variable?

thanks

--
Rather than trying to determine what system you are on, just make the
included file be empty on all except the desired server.

As for the "actual" answer to your question, it's not "fair" since you could
be using files or a "real-time" database.