[asterisk-users] How to secure Configuration files

Tilghman Lesher tlesher at digium.com
Wed Jul 7 10:52:18 CDT 2010

On Wednesday 07 July 2010 05:24:10 A J Stiles wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 Jul 2010, ABBAS SHAKEEL wrote:
> > Hello Community,
> >
> > ..... I am facing an issue of security i.e.  We deploy
> > servers to client end. Now i dont want the client to see my configuration
> > files (Of course copy and distribute or replicate the logic with out
> > permission).  [ 1 paragraph omitted ]
> > Is there a way that the configuration files get encrypted or some thing
> > else so that some one who have system access can not copy the
> > configuration files data or look into that files.
>
> Well!  It's a good job Mark Spencer was never so mean-spirited, otherwise
> you would never have been *given* the power of Asterisk.

In addition, depending upon how you do this, it may be a serious violation of
the license under which Asterisk was distributed to you and under which you
are required to distribute Asterisk to others.  If you are looking for a
legitimate way to do this, you'd have to obtain a commercial license from
Digium.

--
Tilghman Lesher