[asterisk-users] How to secure Configuration files

Faisal Hanif faisal at vopium.com
Wed Jul 7 03:50:49 CDT 2010

  Hi,

As per my finding you can have two possible solutions to mentioned problem,

1st is to use realtime curl for all configuration. In this case asterisk
will hit your configured URLs to read all configuration. You can run
web-server on same or any machine and can use any CGI of Perl, PHP, C,
JAVA or any other web language to response the URL. You will have full
power of a programming language and you can do what you want just need
coding.

2nd option is by enabling execincludes=yes in asterisk.conf you can use
#exec in any of asterisk conf file to call any external application and
asterisk will use configuration returned by that external application
and will treat it same as in static file. Here you again have full power
of programming language in you hand.

Regards,

Faisal Hanif