[asterisk-users] Can't dial out through AMI

Mike Ely mikeely at amyskitchen.net
Tue Jul 6 22:44:54 CDT 2010

-----Original Message-----
From:	asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com on behalf of Paul Belanger
Sent:	Tue 7/6/2010 5:10 PM
To:	Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject:	Re: [asterisk-users] Can't dial out through AMI

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 8:00 PM, Mike Ely <mikeely at amyskitchen.net> wrote:
> Log attached.

<--- SIP read from UDP:10.10.10.16:5060 --->
SIP/2.0 401 Unauthorized

> context from sip.conf:
>
> [ShoreTel]
> type=peer
> qualify=yes
> port=5060
> host=10.10.10.16
> context=incoming
> canreinvite=no

Your context is not setup properly for outbound, you have no
credentials defined.

None needed on the ShoreTel side and as I mentioned before regular SIP users can dial out through the Asterisk box using this trunk.  Keep in mind, this is a development system on a tightly-controlled network, and I'm trying to start with the simplest case possible, which includes no digest auth for the trunk connection.