[asterisk-users] Update the LCD with the callee's name after dialing

unserossi at aol.com unserossi at aol.com
Tue Jul 6 12:42:25 CDT 2010

> })

>>> If you installed Asterisk from source you just need to patch and

>>> recompile / install.

>>> cd asterisk-version

>>> patch -p1 < ../asterisk-verson-called-

>>> rpid.patch

>>> make install

>>> Otherwise if your using trixbox, etc you would probably want to grab

>>> their SRPMS, add the patch to the spec file, and rebuild them. However

>>> that is outside of the scope of this mailing list.

>>> Ryan

>> Which version of Asterisk? The patches were made against the latest

>> releases. If you are running an earlier version you might need to

>> manually patch your install.

>> Ryan

>> --

>> Version 1.6.1.20

>> But it was my individual problem. Installing from scratch solved the

>> patching issue.

>> Now the application SIPCalledRPID is active and gets executed but i still

>> don't get the name of the called person

>> on my display. Maybe this is client dependent? I am using 3CX Softphone.

>> Or

>> is somethins else missing?

> The client needs to support the Remote-Party-ID SIP header. If you

> want to verify the header is being added run tcpdump and analyze it

> with Wireshark. I know that Polycom phones have support for this. I

> just put a modified version of the Asterisk 1.6.1 patch into

> production for 25 Polycom phones, soon to be 150 phones. I changed the

> return -1 to return 0 so that the call continues even if they

> SIPCalledRPID args are invalid.

> Ryan

> --

> Just to make sure that we are talking about the same issue.

> What I want is that when two users are registered at the same peer that

> when user A calls user B user A gets the name of user B displayed on his

> client.

> Is this what you are trying to fix with the patch?

> Because from my understanding as an absolute newbie to SIP and Asterisk, the

> header

> should already contain the let's call it "displayname" and look something

> like

> INVITE sip:2000 at 192.168.1.10:5060 SIP/2.0

> Via: SIP/2.0/TCP

> 192.168.1.149:3822;branch=z9hG4bK-d8754z-9f01b74a4b708b04-1---d8754z-;rport

> Max-Forwards: 70

> Contact:

> <sip:1000 at 192.168.1.149:3823;rinstance=8f3067c0aac0abc4;transport=TCP>

> To: "Callee Name" <sip:2000 at 192.168.1.10:5060>

> From: "Caller Name" <sip:1000 at 192.168.1.10:5060>;tag=cf41cd30

> according to SIP rfc 3261 http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3261

Yes that is what the patch addresses. The phones will only display the

name of the called extension if Remote-Party-ID or P-Asserted-Identity

is set.

Ryan

--

But if the Remote-Party-ID is set or not can only be checked by sniffing with Wireshark or another sniffer.
It can not be checked by using "sip set debug on" in Asterisk. Correct?