[asterisk-users] What TERMINAL software do you use for MS Windows platform and WHY?

Matt Watson matt at mattgwatson.ca
Tue Jul 6 07:26:55 CDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 10:39 AM, William Stillwell (Lists) <
william.stillwell-lists at ablebody.net> wrote:

> I use SecureCRT+FX , and use ansi graphics.
>
> Putty is nice w/WinSCP as well.

I'll +1 this - SecureCRT+FX is the first thing I got my employer to buy a
license of for me when I had to start using Windows on my desktop for other
reasons instead of a Linux Distro.  I do keep a copy of PuTTY handy on too
though, the great thing about putty is that it doesn;t require it to be
installed on a desktop, so you can just keep a copy of the executable on a
USB flash drive or Windows share that you can then run from any desktop if
you happen to be at a computer other than your own.

PuTTY works well, but there are some things in it that just drive me
absolutely crazy, like right-click in the window is an automatic paste... i
have pasted into a putty window by accident more times than I can count,
most of the time its from doing a right-click expecting a context menu to
get a 'copy' action and then i just end up pasting what i actually wanted to
copy :|

--
Matt

--