[asterisk-users] ARA : Realtime or not ?

Ishfaq Malik ish at pack-net.co.uk
Tue Jul 6 05:49:29 CDT 2010

On 06/07/10 11:26, Jonas Kellens wrote:
> On 07/06/2010 12:00 PM, Ishfaq Malik wrote:
>> On 06/07/10 10:34, Jonas Kellens wrote:
>>> Hello list,
>>>
>>> what is the use of realtime SIP peers when you always need to reload
>>> the sip configuration as if you were just putting your SIP peers in
>>> sip.conf ??
>>>
>>> My SIP peers are now defined in a mysql-DB and when I add a mailbox
>>> in the field 'mailbox', the change is not active untill a do a "sip
>>> reload" or a "module reload chan_sip.so".
>>>
>>> Doing a "sip reload" or a "module reload chan_sip.so" makes that all
>>> the SIP peers need to re-register again to Asterisk so that they are
>>> 'available' again.
>>>
>>> So what is "realtime" about the ARA ??
>>>

>>> Kind regards,
>>>
>>> Jonas.
>> If you are using RealTime and make any changes to a peer entry in
>> your DB you need to prune the peer from the realtime cache using
>>
>> sip prune realtime <peer name>
>>
>> The peer will need to re register but only that one and it will pick
>> up the updated settings from the DB
>>
>> Ish
>> --
>> Ishfaq Malik
>> Software Developer
>> PackNet Ltd
>>
>> Office:   0161 660 3062
>

> OK, that's when changing peer-attributes.
>
> What can I do when adding new peers to the database ??
>

> Kind regards,
>
> Jonas.

You don't need to do anything when adding new peers to the database,
when the peer first tries to register the config will be taken from the
DB and put into the realtime cache. You can see the exact config of any
peer in the cache by doing the following in the console

sip show peer <peer name>

Seeing that might help, I know it did for me.

Ish
--
Ishfaq Malik
Software Developer