[asterisk-users] problem with voicemail contexts

Cassius Smith cassius at cassius.org
Mon Jul 5 18:51:47 CDT 2010

Hello all,
I am putting together an installation for our organization. My dialplan
has most users in context [inside], and a separate [users] context
includes the "inside" context.

My voicemail config file has these users in a [users] context.

I did this so I could get the name directory to work and vector calls to
the right extensions.

Now, however, I don't get message waiting lamp to show up on the phones
and when the recipient of a voicemail tries to retrieve the message
Alyson says " you have no messages".

This is true. The message doesn't get moved into the INBOX directory for
the mailbox.

I am flummoxed. Any ideas welcome!

Cassius Smith