[asterisk-users] Reinvite to alaw after T.38 reception

Vinícius Fontes vinicius at canall.com.br
Mon Jul 5 15:16:12 CDT 2010

I'm having issues with T.38 on Asterisk 1.6.2.8. A few lines are received OK and then I get only garbage. I'm using ReceiveFAX() provided by app_fax to receive the faxes.

After talking to the engineers on the telco, they said Asterisk is sending a REINVITE to alaw after the T.38 reception is complete, and that could be the cause of the problems.

I personally am not totally convinced of that, but they asked me if it's possible to make Asterisk not reinvite to alaw after a T.38 fax reception. Is that possible at all?

Here's the relevant sip.conf and extensions.conf portions:

[voxip]
username=5421047000
nat=yes
type=peer
secret=supersecret
port=5060
canreinvite=no
insecure=port,invite
host=10.150.65.16
fromuser=5421047000
fromdomain=10.153.66.146
dtmfmode=rfc2833
context=entrada-e1
disallow=all
allow=alaw
qualify=no
t38pt_udptl=yes

[macro-recebefax]
exten => s,1,Set(DB(fax/count)=$[${DB(fax/count)} + 1])
exten => s,n,Set(FAXCOUNT=${DB(fax/count)})
exten => s,n,Set(FAXFILE=fax-${DB(fax/count)}-rx)
exten => s,n,Set(LOCALSTATIONID=5421047008)
exten => s,n,ReceiveFAX(/var/spool/asterisk/fax/${FAXFILE}.tif)

Vinícius Fontes
Gerente de Segurança da Informação
Canall Tecnologia em Comunicações
Passo Fundo - RS - Brasil