[asterisk-users] res_fax_digium and T.38 error correction

Kristijan Vrban vrban.lkml at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 5 09:02:46 CDT 2010

Hello, i just had some fax abortions because of some packet loss. so i
startet to examine in the pcap recording
from the res_fax_digium, if the T.38 EC mode redundancy was really
used. So i watched into it, and compared it
with a t.38 pcap from spandsp (same asterisk setup, but with app_fax)
and i see differences in t38.error_recovery
(error-recovery: secondary-ifp-packets)
With spandsp here are three items, and with res_fax_digium zero items.
(t38.secondary_ifp_packets)
I this the the t.38 error correction? I ask this questions, because
the fax for asterisk admin manual, there are no
information about the T.38 error correction, and if i better use
Redundancy or FEC.

Kristijan