[asterisk-users] Couple of questions about modules

Gilles codecomplete at free.fr
Sat Jul 3 08:04:34 CDT 2010

Hello

I have a couple of questions about using modules in Asterisk (1.4 or
1.6):

1. I'd like to experiment with extensions.lua: What happens if...

- I leave extensions.conf enabled by not using "noload=pbx_config.so"
in /etc/asterisk/modules.conf? Will the two dialplans get mixed
together, with possibly unpredictable results?

- I disable extension.conf by setting "noload=pbx_config.so"? Will
Asterisk still work OK?

2. in /usr/lib/asterisk/modules, what do the prefixes stand for?
Aren't they all applications, ultimately?

app, crd, chan, codec, format, func, pbx, res

Thank you.