[asterisk-users] DAHDI FXO calls and the 's' extension. No, Jackie-O doesn't work here--it's just an example. Sheesh!

Karl Fife karlfife at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 23:54:00 CDT 2010

---- Original Message -----
From: "Barry Miller" <asterisk-users at notanet.net>
<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2010 11:53 PM
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] DAHDI FXO calls and the 's' extension.
No,Jackie-O doesn't work here--it's just an example. Sheesh!

> On Thu, Jul 01, 2010 at 10:19:08PM -0500, Karl Fife wrote:
>> Calls that come in on DAHDI FXO ports are routed to [context], extension
>> 's'
>>
>> INSTEAD, I would like to route specific ports to specific extensions, For
>> example:
>>
>> I want DAHDI/1-1 to go to 1234
>> I want DAHDI/1-2 to go to 2345
>> I want DAHDI/1-3 to go to 3456 ...etc
>>
>> What is the CLEANEST way to do this?
>>
> [...]
>>
>> Is there a way that I can simply specify the extension associated with a
>> given dahdi channel in dahdi_channels.conf? It would seem logical, but
>> I'm
>> finding no love.  If you also know for sure that there ISN'T a way to do
>> what I'm asking, I'd like to know that too.
>>
> [...]
>
> Do you mean chan_dahdi.conf?  There you can do something like

Yes, chan_dahdi.conf.  I called out dahdi_channels instead because I observe
somewhat of a convention these days to enumerate channels in dahdi_channels
and #include that in chan_dahdi.

> setvar = EXT=1234
> channel => 1
> []
> and EXT will be passed into your dialplan.

Following your suggestion I would still need to add the following line to
[context]
exten => s  ,1,GotoIf($["${EXT}"="1234"]1234,1) ;

So one could argue that it's actually simpler to just call the name of the
channel itself in [context]
exten => s  ,1,GotoIf($["${CHANNEL}"="DAHDI/1-1"]1234,1) ;

Do you (or anyone) know if there's a way to set EXTEN directly? It would
appear that you can't simply specify setvar=EXTEN=1234. No surprise the call
still goes to the 's' extension.

I would think like there has got to be.  This seems like a fairly obvious
thing to want to do.

Thanks!
-Karl