[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.6 (and 1.4) DTMF problems using RFC2833

Miguel Molina mmolina at millenium.com.co
Thu Jul 1 18:09:24 CDT 2010

El 29/06/10 15:28, Mark Deneen escribió:
> We are experiencing intermittent DTMF problems here, with the
> following setup:
>
> ITSP -> PIX -> Asterisk (g729, RFC2833 for DTMF).
>
> I am running Ubuntu server 10.04, but Asterisk is compiled by us and
> not installed from the software repository.  Essentially, DTMF works
> for some time, but at some point it simply stops and the point at
> which it stops appears to be random.
>
> Using RTP debug, I can verify that the RFC2833 DTMF is being delivered
> in the RTP stream, and Asterisk knows of it.  Independently, wireshark
> confirms the same.  I can't easily remove the PIX, but as the RTP is
> showing the DTMF I do not believe the firewall is an issue.
>
> Our ITSP is registered as a SIP provider, and we can receive calls
> just fine.  I've attached a file containing portions of the asterisk
> log, the wireshark log and the dialplan.
>
> Has anyone else run into this situation?
>
> Best Regards,
> Mark Deneen

I've experienced a similar DTMF issue with recent asterisk 1.4 versions
(1.4.32, 1.4.33.1), I'm not sure about 1.6.2.X. What happens here is
that the DMTF activated features, like disconnect (default *) or blind
transfer (default #) stops working after a while. Agents are able to
transfer or hangup a few calls and then it stops working. Doing some
debugging I could see that asterisk knows (receives) the DMTF too but
the features are not triggered...

Anyone else has run into this?

Regards,

--