[asterisk-users] Non-native codecs - MELPe?

Kyle Kienapfel doctor.whom at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 17:22:06 CDT 2010

For those codecs an interfaced DSP might be the only option due to
lack of, or expensive software options.

I had an easier time looking into MELPe than I did with CVSD, so I
looked around just a little bit to satiate my curiosity

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http://www.compandent.com/MELPePackageFactSheetPOSIX.pdf
CPU usage looks a little high. 4% of a 3.2ghz P4 to encode

How many calls do you think will need to get transcoded at the same
time at a given server?  With asterisk the g729 codec has hardware and
software options so people have a choice as to how much g729 they get.