[asterisk-users] mISDN install on Asterisk 1.6 failing

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Jul 1 09:06:01 CDT 2010

Hi!

> Has anyone had experience installing it?
> yum install asterisk-chan_misdn
> I'ts the latest Trixbox Distro version and same issues exists if add in
> the Trixbox repo. FAILS as per below

Please search this list for recent messages on mISDN, or Google it.

You will find that mISDN v1 does not work with current kernels anymore,
and that you would need mISDN v2, vor which howerver this (or was when I
last checked) there is no chan_misdn available for Asterisk so that you
would have to resort to use LCR which kind of defeats the purpose when
run next Asterisk.

mISDN v1 is not reliable and will give you all sorts of trouble. Look at
other solutions like CAPI and chan_capi, mISDN v2, external BRI gateway,

Philipp