[asterisk-users] p2p or p2mp for BRI

pranav jawale pranavshriram at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 02:51:23 CDT 2010

Hello,

I'm a graduate student. We are setting up an IVR system for research purpose
on a BRI channel. (We can't afford PRI line as its cost is about 10x of the
BRI). The line will be connected to the CTI card. Using asterisk server we
will be recording the calls.

I'm confused about whether we should apply for point-to-point connectivity
or point-to-multipoint. P2P costs more than P2MP and
we do not intend to invest money if not needed. I would like to ask your
advice on whether for our purpose we need p2p or would p2mp suffice?

Thanks and regards.

- Woody