[asterisk-users] disable comfort noise

uzzi uzzi09 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 00:30:56 CST 2010

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 1:14 PM, <adamk at 3a.hu> wrote:

> To get back to the original poster's possible situation, i've seen this
> with my first IP phone, which was a cisco 7912 (SIP image).  With that
> phone, asterisk sometimes gave me this same error.  I'm quite sure i've
> asked the very same question here back then (probably i was a bit more
> specific :).  Since it is related to only this type of phone, i've gone
> to different ip phone products.
>
> regards
> adam
>
> --

Please correct me if I'm wrong....

As the error says, "Please turn off on client if possible." Comfort noise
(aka silent suppression, or Voice Activity Detection (VAD)) is not supported
by Asterisk. It needs to be turned off on the user (client) end. This may be
a phone or another switch/PBX.

See http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/RTP+Silence+Suppression for more
details