[asterisk-users] Caller ID not working properly on some phones...

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Fri Jan 29 17:20:03 CST 2010

	I have a strange problem with CallerID that only affects some phones.
The problem is that whenever I receive a call the Callerid Name is
correct but the Callerid number is always my own extension.  It does not
matter if the call is internal or external.  So far only Aastra phones
and Linksys PAP2T adapters seem to have this problem.  Other phones like
Snom and Cisco SPA525 display the correct number.

	I am using Asterisk 1.6.2.1 on two different servers that have the same
problem.  I guess there is a setting on Asterisk that the phones do not
like.  One of the servers was upgraded from 1.4.28 last week and we
never had that problem.  If I do a NoOP on the Dialplan I can see that
the correct CallerID info is set but the phone will always say the
number is my own extension no matter what.  This is a problem because I
cannot call back from the call history on the phone.  CDR is correct.

	Any ideas what may be happening?  Why would this only affect some
phones and not others?

Carlos Chávez Prats
Director de Tecnología
+52-55-91169161 ext 2001