[asterisk-users] Help for MOH - sounding scratchy/static on hold

das sandesh sandesh440 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 16:25:41 CST 2010

Hi All,

I tried using some music on hold (music) files, when I test it with normal
SIP phone its clear and good, but when I call from my cell phone or POTS
line it sounds a bit scratchy/static and not clear at all, is there any
software that i need to install in the asterisk system to make this music on
hold clear when using music files? (Where as the commercial that we record
from the phone and use it as message on hold then its clear when the call is
on hold, since its recording is compatible with asterisk: 8000Hz, 16 bits
PCM encoded).
My versions of asterisk: 1.4.18.1.

I appreciate your advices.

Thank you very much